Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Gorgonzola Butter

Does anyone out there like Gorgonzola cheese? I love it! We had grilled steaks yesterday and I mixed equal parts room temperature butter and room temperature crumbled Gorgonzola to top the steaks with. It was delicious and so simple. I made one tablespoon of the combo per person which was ample. So, it was 1/2 tablespoon butter to 1/2 tablespoon cheese each. I used a fork to mash the butter and cheese into a paste, then put a tablespoon dollop on each of the sizzling steaks before serving. You can adjust according to steak size or personal preference. Next time I think I will add some chopped fresh parsley to the mix. I am going to experiment with this for a pasta dish as well.

I made Crock Pot Carnitas and homemade grilled tomato salsa for my son and his friends the other night...OK it was for us too. It was a huge hit and I will definitely use the meal for a Recipe of the Week. Just have to make it again and measure everything. I don't think anyone here will complain about having it for dinner again.

Please read my Recipe of the Week coming up this Sunday, July 25th as I am going to give the recipe for one of our favorite desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment