Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A bit more brownie info

Yesterday was really wonderful! Everyone at KCAL 9 News was so kind and thoughtful.
Thank you again Annette for all of your help and company!

I want to elaborate a bit on the brownie recipe. I use Blue Diamond almond meal as it is gluten free and I like the flavor it lends to my baked goods. For the brownie recipe I always put the almond meal into my coffee grinder to give it a finer texture before I measure it out. There are two white rice flours that I use, one is from Authentic Foods and the Other is Ener-G Sweet Rice Flour. You can find both of these flours at Whole Foods. I love the caramel-like flavor of dark brown sugar and I find that the brownies are not too sweet as can sometimes happen with granulated sugar.


Please write with any questions you have, I would love to hear from you!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin,
    Great show! I'm going to give those brownies a try!
    Hope all is well with you and yours, we would love to see you guys when we're in CA again!!!
    I'll give you a call soon!
    Love you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete